An electronic health record, or EHR, is a digital copy of your health history. It has the same information as your paper chart. Because it is digital, your doctor can use it to make decisions about your care more quickly. An EHR can also be shared with other doctors who are caring for you.
An EHR has many benefits, including:
• Doctors can quickly see your health information.
• Medication mistakes are less likely.
• There are fewer claims errors.
• You can see your own health information.
• Your health information is safer.
• Your prescriptions reach your pharmacy faster.
• You spend less time filling out paperwork.
• You are less likely to have to repeat medical tests.
records or ask your doctors.