The Patient-Centered Medical Home, or PCMH, is a new way of receiving your health care. It means your family physician works with other providers to take care of you. These other providers may be specialists, pharmacists, dietitians or any other provider who is or who needs to be involved in your care.
There are many benefits to having a PCMH provider, including:
• You have more one-on-one time with your doctors.
• You have access to a team of health care providers.
• Your health care team knows you and your health history.
• Your health care team makes sure you know how to take care of yourself.
• You have better access to care with open scheduling and expanded hours.